The Department of Physical Training (PF in Catalan) is in charge of advising and technical support (planning, programing and reports through digital means, documentation and technical formation) to coaches and physical preparers of the CAR. We consider PF not just as a way to develop and improve physical qualities aiming at enhancing sports performance, but also as a mean to acquire the lifestyle that will provide the sport persons a better health and quality of life.
It is characterized by an interdisciplinary work carried out by the technicians of CAR’s different departments. In addition, it is responsible for the creation of the CAR’s PF role model – a tool of practical utility to understand, improve and reduce trainings complexity. CAR’s PF model has the following functional areas: preventive PF, readapting to training, general PF and specific PF. Furthermore, PF in the context of sports training, together with technical and tactical preparation, is considered as a pedagogical process of learning physical exercise going from intellectual to psychic to motor and psychomotor development.
CAR’s PF model uses a learning strategy that identifies the psychological and sportive actions and coordinates them with pedagogical processes in tow quite different contexts: training session and competitions. It also has its own methodology for planning and programing the sessions. Planning is strengthening in the following basic functions: methodological organisation of psychological and sportive actions, as well as control and analysis of training and competitions scores. Meanwhile, a programing based on an integrative didactic model of training sets up the athlete’s competition objectives and sport requirements, while establishing the methodology and tailored design of the kind of most appropriate sessions by selecting the best physical exercises and means for every user.
- Athlete’s organic and psychomotor adaptation. Interdisciplinary analysis.
- Improvement of the athlete’s psychophysical health condition.
- Enhancement of the athlete’s strength, as well as of his muscular and cardiorespiratory resistance – both understood as fundamental physical qualities.
- Injury prevention (in the event of injury, both recovery time and severity can be reduced). Less injury means more performance and more sportive longevity.
- Rational doses of psychophysical load mean increase in sportive performance.